Thursday, April 8, 2010

Florida for Easter

Lisa and I went to see her parents in Florida over the easter weekend. I had a lot of fun and it was great to see them. The photographic theme for the weekend for me started the first morning we were there when Lisa woke me up to see the sunrise. There was a low hanging fog layer, that made the woods near the condo look like something out of jurassic park. From the 25 th floor the scene was awe inspiring. Of course I started snapping away. One of the Trees caught my attention and became the focus of the shot below.
I could see on the camera's LCD the tinge of red in the shot and thought it would look great. It wasn't until i got home that I noticed the hawk or eagle in the lower left side of the picture. It adds such life to the shot.

Later that day we went out on the boat and I was playing with the camera trying to get a shot of a pelican doing one of their extremely low passes over the water. My newly purchased Canon 2x teleconverter helped out and i was able to get the shot.

I love the primordial look of pelicans and their skill at low level flight is impressive.

On our last day we went for a walk and came across a Gopher Tortoise. Honestly I don't think I would mind if this guy were tearing up my lawn. Although Cricket would probably freak out.

I will also be uploading these pictures to the Lanigan's Lens page on Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment